It’s National S’More day! What a better way to celebrate than to grab a cozy mystery and make some s’mores and Summer Prescott’s, “S’more Murder” is full of everything a CM should be and more.
“Carla and Echo are at it again. With the Inn constantly booked, Chas and Missy barely have enough time to say hello to each other twice a day. But it isn’t long before Carla’s would-be lover Kel teams up with Missy to solve the mystery of the mysterious victim of an accident at sea and discover the story of her past.”
- 12 baked chocolate cup cakes
- 1 cup chocolate frosting
- 12 large marshmallows
- 12 graham crackers or graham bears
- 1 chocolate bar broken into 12 pieces
- Frost the cupcakes and set them aside.
- Place the marshmallows on a baking sheet and bake them in a 350 degree oven for about 5 minutes, or until lightly browned. If needed, broil them for just a minute to get them the color you’d like, but watch them carefully!
- After you’ve removed the marshmallows from the oven, place one marshmallow on the top of each cupcakes. Put a Teddy Graham and a rectangle of Hershey bar on each cupcake top. The chocolate will melt a bit, so be sure to let them cool completely so the chocolate sets.
Doesn’t that sound amazing? And, it looks like the one on Summer’s cover! Let’s think outside the graham cracker though. Let’s think cheese, fruit and cookies! Do you have a special alternative S’More recipe? Leave a comment with your signature and one-of-a-kind s’more creation!
While I wait for your comments, here’s S’More fun recipe links to inspire you! (see what I did there?)